30 C
Agartala
Sunday, July 14, 2024

20 School Girls Hospitalized After Consuming Hostel Meal

Date:

BY TC News Desk

Agartala, 20th June 2024:   In a concerning incident on Thursday, 20 female students from Bodhjungh Girls Higher Secondary School in Agartala were hospitalized after suffering from severe stomach pain, allegedly caused by a meal they consumed at their hostel.

Mita Das, a teacher at the school, reported that the students began experiencing symptoms after the morning prayer when they returned to their classrooms.

One of the affected students described the ordeal: “After having breakfast at our hostel, the Maharaja Bir Bikram Welfare Society, we went to school. Suddenly, many of us experienced stomach aches, vomiting, and general discomfort. We had dal and rice for breakfast.”

Another student corroborated this account, noting that they all started feeling unwell soon after arriving at school following their hostel breakfast.

In response to the emergency, school staff promptly transported the students to GB Pant Hospital.

Doctors said that the symptoms strongly suggest food poisoning. Fortunately, all the students are stable.

Share post:

Subscribe

Adspot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Unity and brotherhood strengthened through cultural traditions: CM

 By TC News Desk Agartala, 14th July 2024:  Chief Minister...

Tripura BJP declares candidate’s names for Panchayat elections

By TC News Desk Agartala, 14th July 2024:  The ruling...

PCC President Asish Kumar Saha condemns violence ahead of Panchayat elections in BJP-ruled state

By TC News Desk Agartala, 14th July 2024:  Pradesh Congress...