15.5 C
Agartala
Saturday, February 4, 2023

Student electrocuted for Power dept’s negligence at Dharmanagar

Date:

BY TC News Desk

Agartala, December 22, 2022: Once again the tragic death of a teenager due to alleged negligence of Power department has cast a shadow of grief across the area.

It is reported that at around 7 PM on Wednesday last, a wire was torn from the electric post on the bank of the Ustar Mia pond in Ward No. 1 of East Hurua Village Panchayat. At night, the villagers repeatedly contacted the Power department to remove the electricity transmission wire. But until Thursday afternoon, no one from the Electricity department went to remove it. Around 12 noon, Tera Mia’s 14-year-old son Shahabuddin, who is studying in class 9, got entangled in an electric wire while playing.

Immediately, the Dharmanagar Fire Service and Police Station were informed. By the time they went to rescue Sabuddin, his succumbed after getting electrocuted. He was brought dead by doctors on duty when he was taken to Dharmanagar North District Hospital.

Shahabuddin’s father was a farmer by profession. The death of the son due to electric wire spread the shadow of grief over the area. Due to the negligence of the Power department, there is a lot of anger among the villagers.

Share post:

Subscribe

Adspot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Left & Congress alliance is sin: Smriti Irani urges people to vote BJP for development

BY TC News Desk Agartala, February 03, 2023: Along with...

Ruling BJP trains gun at opposition; Election booth office set ablaze

BY TC News Desk Agartala, February 3, 2023: In view...

Mishief at Agartala to Dharmanagar railway route; Miscreants flee with cartoons

BY TC News Desk Agartala, February 3, 2023: When the...

Once known for insurgency, violence, Tripura is now a state of development: Nadda

BY TC News Desk Agartala: February 03. Ahead of election...