26.6 C
Agartala
Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Death toll in new Orleans terrorist attack rises to 15 : FBI

Date:

The death toll in the New Orleans terrorist attack has risen to 15, the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) told RIA Novosti.

The attack took place on Wednesday, when a driver plowed his truck into a crowd of people celebrating New Year’s Eve on New Orlean’s Bourbon Street and then started shooting on them. He was neutralized by the police. The New Orleans Police Department said 10 people were killed in the attack and 35 others were injured, including two officers.

“The correct number is 15,” the FBI said.

Earlier on Wednesday, the FBI identified the suspect as Shamsud-Din Jabbar, a 42-year-old US citizen from Texas. The agency added that symbols linked to the Islamic State terrorist group (ISIS, banned in Russia) were found in his car.

Share post:

Subscribe

Adspot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

MDC Umashankar protest at Sepahijala DM office

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 16th February 2026:  In a...

Birthday celebration turns tragic: 21 years old lost life in road mishap

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 16th February 2026:  A 21-year-old...

Tripura Govt Removes West Tripura District Consumer Commission President

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 16th February 2026:  The Government...

Two held in mobile snatching case, cash missing

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 16th February 2026:  East Agartala...