28.4 C
Agartala
Wednesday, February 18, 2026

WHO allocates additional 2 mln USD to support Uganda’s Ebola response

Date:

 Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO), on Thursday announced the release of additional 2 million U.S. dollars to support Uganda’s effort to fight the ongoing Ebola outbreak, bringing the total funding to 3 million dollars in three weeks.

In a post on X social media platform, Ghebreyesus said the funds would further support the East African country’s response to the outbreak. “Our teams are supporting surveillance, laboratories, logistics, infection prevention and control in hospitals, treatment centers and research,” he said.

On Jan. 30, the WHO released 1 million U.S. dollars and mobilized trial vaccines to support Uganda’s national health authorities to contain and end the new wave of Ebola outbreak.

Uganda last month declared an Ebola outbreak after a 32-year-old male nurse working at the Mulago National Referral Hospital in the capital of Kampala succumbed to the disease.

According to Uganda’s Ministry of Health, as of Wednesday, the country has registered nine laboratory-confirmed Ebola virus infections, including one death, and at least 265 contacts of the first case are being monitored.

Share post:

Subscribe

Adspot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Tripura Launches State-Wide Drive to Cut Child Marriages Below 5% by 2029

By TC News Desk Agartala, 17th February 2026:  In a...

MNREGA Lifeline Being ‘Destroyed’, Alleges TPCC President Asish Saha

By TC News Desk Agartala, 17th February 2026:  Rural workers...

Mysterious Vehicle Seized Near Badharghat Petrol Pump, Police Launch Investigation

By TC News Desk Agartala, 17th February 2026: Tension briefly...

BJP focuses on ideological, organizational training of workers

By TC News Desk Agartala, 17th February 2026: In a...