BY TC News Desk
Agartala, November 13: A family of five lost their home and belongings in a massive fire caused by firecrackers on Diwali night in Masterpara area. Vishal Deb and his sister Priya Deb, who lived in a tin shed house, said that the fire started when some firecrackers fell on their roof and ignited the dry coconut branches.
The fire soon spread to the entire house, fueled by the kerosene stored inside. The family members managed to escape with their lives, but could not save anything else. They said that they lost goods, clothes and cash worth Rs. 12 lakhs in the fire.
The fire brigade was informed, but by the time they arrived, the house was completely destroyed. The firemen doused the flames and prevented them from spreading to the nearby houses. The gas cylinder in the house was also safely removed.
The incident created panic and chaos in the densely populated area, as people feared for their safety. The local residents expressed their sympathy and support for the affected family and demanded compensation from the authorities. They also urged the people to be more careful and responsible while bursting firecrackers during the festive season.