BY TC News Desk
Agartala, April 27: Four shops were gutted in a fire due to bursting of a cooking gas cylinder while another shop was also partially damaged.
It is reported that the fire started from bursting of a cooking gas cylinder in a shop in front of Tripura University around 11:30 am on Thursday. Immediately, the businessmen informed the fire brigade. Two fire tenders rushed to control the fire. But as the fire spread quickly, two more fire engines rushed to the spot again. Even then four shops could not be saved. These include Chandan Pal, Sanjay Saha, Jhuton Pal and Biplab Pal stores.
On this day, an intense excitement spread in the area due to the fire incident. Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about an hour. The affected traders said that the amount of damage would be several lakhs of rupees.