30.3 C
Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Man dies after electrocution at Sonamura


BY TC News Desk

Agartala, July 28, 2023: A tragic incident took place at Sonamura where a man named Subhashis Naha lost his life after electrocution. The unfortunate incident took place on Friday afternoon.

According to reports, Subhashis Naha attempted to bring a stray animal to an abandoned area near his residence when he accidentally came in contact with a live electrical wire. The electric current proved fatal, leading to his untimely demise.

Local residents immediately called the private electricity service provider to disconnect the power supply. However, it took the workers nearly an hour to arrive at the scene, during which Subhashis remained in a life-threatening situation.

This tragedy has not only claimed a life but has also raised concerns about the efficiency of electricity services in the area. The incident has triggered public outrage, leading to road blockades on the Agartala-Sabroom National Highway by the residents of Harina Nandi Gram Panchayat.

Authorities are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident and the claim of delayed action by the electricity department. The incident has left the community in grief and prompted calls for swift action to prevent such incidents in the future.

Share post:




More like this

5.5-magnitude quake hits 161 km NW of Fangale’ounga, Tonga – USGS

An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.5 jolted 161...

Terrorism remains most serious threats of 21st century

International terrorism remains one of the most serious threats...

Cong plans to cut SC-ST-OBC quotas, gift it to one community: Yogi

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday accused...

Country’s prosperity depends on Modi’s leadership: K Reddy

 Union Minister and Telangana BJP President G. Kishan Reddy...