By TC News Desk
Agartala: August 07. In a harrowing incident today, a family narrowly escaped a accident as their CNG-operated car caught fire while on the move in the Bagma Shalbagan area of Udaipur subdivision.
The incident occurred when Bishu Sen, a resident of Agartala’s Kanthaltali area, was returning from Matabari with his family in a Maruti van bearing registration number TR 01 A Z 0380. As they were passing through Shalbagan area, suddenly, the wheels of the vehicle caught fire, sparking panic among the passengers and onlookers.
Startled pedestrians quickly raised an alarm, prompting the driver to stop the vehicle. With the fire spreading rapidly, fear gripped the passengers as they attempted to exit the car. The vehicle, running on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), posed a severe risk, amplifying the panic among the passengers and other motorists on the road.
As the situation escalated, fire and emergency services were promptly notified, and firefighters rushed to the scene. Displaying swift action and expertise, the firefighters efficiently brought the blaze under control, preventing a potential disaster.