Agartala, 21st August 2026: The Tripura Pradesh Congress has opposed the state cabinet’s recent decision to fill vacant posts in various government departments, alleging that the government has failed to provide a clear timeline for completing the recruitment process.
Addressing a press conference at the Pradesh Congress Bhavan on Friday, party spokesperson Prabir Chakraborty said the cabinet had decided to fill vacant positions across different departments but had not specified when the recruitment process would be completed.
Chakraborty alleged that over the past eight-and-a-half years, recruitment processes for several vacant posts had been initiated but subsequently stalled midway. In many cases, he claimed, the government took five to six years to fill vacant positions, leaving job aspirants frustrated and directionless.
Meanwhile, Pradesh Youth Congress president Nilkamal Saha criticised the government’s recent decision regarding eligibility documents for government jobs. He alleged that replacing the Permanent Resident of Tripura Certificate (PRTC) requirement with a five-year school certificate would disadvantage local unemployed youths.
Saha claimed that the move would benefit candidates from other states, including the children of government officials posted in Tripura from outside the state. He alleged that the decision could result in local youths losing employment opportunities to candidates from outside the state.
The Youth Congress leader said the Congress would launch an agitation against the decision and announced that the protest programme would begin within the next few days.


