By TC News Desk
Agartala, March 6, 2023: ICA minister and newly elected MLA Sushanta Chowdhury on Monday visited Ranirbazar market and inspected the loss incurred by the businessmen after a fire engulfed from short circuit on the night of Sunday last.
Speaking to media persons here, Chowdhury said “As per preliminary report, it is assumed that the fire engulfed due to short circuit due to which a grocery shop, a book store, a tea stall and a fast food shop were burnt to ashes. Fire tenders from Jirania and Ranirbazar and Police also reached the spot. Not only this, five fire tenders from Agartala on the intervention of Chief Minister reached here in Ranirbazar and doused the fire successfully.”
“Meanwhile, the local traders and karyakartas of BJP joined hands to support the businessmen who have incurred loss in this fire incident. The Jirania SDM Jiban Krishna Acharya arrived this morning at Ranirbazar and registered the loss incurred in this ablaze. The vice-chairman of Ranirbazar Municipal Council has been at the spot of this untoward incident and inspecting the loss”, he added.
Chowdhury also said “On behalf of state administration, from personal side, Ranirbazar Municipal Council, we have assured for extending support to the victims and make sure that the affected businessmen can start their business in 15-20 days next.”