25.9 C
Agartala
Sunday, June 23, 2024

TomTom catches fire at home due to short circuit while charging

Date:

BY TC News Desk

Agartala, October 29: A potentially disastrous incident unfolded at a residence when a TomTom navigation device caught fire on Sunday afternoon. The unfortunate event was attributed to a short circuit during the device’s charging process.

Details of the incident indicate that Ranjit Tanti, a resident of Tanti Para in the Khoai Office area, had been charging his TomTom battery before heading home to enjoy a meal of rice. While dining at home, he noticed smoke emanating from the TomTom positioned outside.

Alarmed by the sight, he promptly exited his residence to investigate and was met with the sight of the device engulfed in flames. Immediate action was taken to cease the charging process, but the TomTom’s condition deteriorated rapidly.

Local firefighters were promptly notified and rushed to the scene to contain the fire. Despite their efforts, the TomTom suffered extensive damage in the blaze, leaving the device’s owner with a significant loss.

Share post:

Subscribe

Adspot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

IPFT’s preparatory meeting for village committee polls

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 22nd June 2024:  The ruling...

West Tripura district’s DM Dr Vishal Kumar takes action to resolve land paper errors

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 22nd June 2024:  The West...

Mega Career Carnival 2024 sparks educational aspirations in Tripura

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 22nd June 2024:   The Madhurupa...

Midnight sabotage sparks protest among Kailashahar tea workers

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 22nd June 2024:  In the...