A major fire broke out in a chemical godown located in Banjaraghat in the Nampally area of the city on Monday.
According to the police, the fire originated in the chemical godown situated on the ground floor of a four-storied apartment. The flames quickly spread throughout the apartment, including the cellar.
Upon receiving the information, four fire tenders rushed to the scene to extinguish the flames.
The residents of the apartment were evacuated with the assistance of a ladder provided by the fire personnel through the windows. Nearby residents were alarmed, fearing the fire might spread to their houses.
The surrounding areas of the apartment were affected by the spreading smoke from the chemicals.
Further details are awaited.