23 C
Agartala
Sunday, February 22, 2026

Iran condemns latest US-British strikes on Yemen’s Houthis

Date:

 Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kanaani on Sunday strongly condemned fresh strikes by the United States and Britain against the Houthi targets in Yemen.

He made the remarks after the U.S. and British forces on Saturday launched joint strikes against the Houthis in different Yemeni cities, which the Pentagon said were aimed at “degrading the group’s capabilities to attack international shipping,” according to a statement published on the website of the Iranian Foreign Ministry.

Kanaani said the attacks violated Yemen’s sovereignty and territorial integrity as well as international law, and represented “flagrant adventurism and a worrying threat to international peace and security.”

He said the military attacks of the United States and Britain on regional countries were a continuation of their “wrong approach of resorting to militarism to achieve their illegitimate objectives in the region.”

Since last month, the United States and Britain have launched several rounds of strikes on the Houthi targets in Yemen in response to the group’s attacks on ships with links to Israel in the Red Sea.

The Houthis said their attacks were aimed at stopping the ongoing Israeli strikes against the Gaza Strip and showing solidarity with Palestinians.

Share post:

Subscribe

Adspot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Baijalbari turns tense as TMP-BJP face-off disrupts rally

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 21st February 2026:   Severe political...

Technical team to visit Kailashahar Airport for feasibility study: CM

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 21st February 2026:  Chief Minister...

DYFI distributes masks among commuters in Agartala

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 21st February 2026:  Development works...