33 C
Agartala
Friday, June 21, 2024

CM seeks Centre assist for setting up critical care blocks in all district hospitals

Date:

By TC News Desk

Agartala: August 16. Chief Minister Dr Manik Saha has requested the Union Minister of Health Dr. Mansukh Mandvia for setting up critical care blocks in various district hospitals of the state.Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandvia today held a high-level meeting with Chief Ministers and Health Ministers of various states of the country through video conference.

Chief Minister Professor (Dr.) Manik Saha of Tripura who also holds the portfolio of health minister, participated in this virtual meeting at the Secretariat. Sources from the state government informed that in this virtual meeting the union minister mainly reviewed the National Health Mission, Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission, funds allocated to states as grants in the 15th Finance Commission, Ayushman Bharat Scheme progress of states on precautionary doses in Covid vaccination, future action plans.

In the meeting, the Chief Ministers and Health Ministers of various states discussed in detail about the progress of the Covid vaccination along with the initiatives of the states in the field of public health.

“Participating in the discussion in the meeting, Chief Minister Prof. (Dr.) Manik Saha emphasized the importance of building critical care blocks in various district hospitals of the state and sought the cooperation of the central government. Besides, the Chief Minister has also demanded to the Union Health and Family Welfare Minister to increase the amount of fund allocated by the 15th Finance Commission for the construction of paved buildings for all sub-health centers in the state that do not have paved buildings”, the source said.He further informed that in the meeting, the Chief Minister informed the Union Minister about various developmental projects implemented in the state in the field of public health. “The Chief Minister said that under Ayushman Bharat scheme, 95 percent of the families in the state have been brought under the scheme so far. Bringing the remaining 5 percent Antyodaya Yojana beneficiary families under the Ayushman Bharat scheme dominated the discussion”,. The source added.Secretary of Health and Family Welfare Department Debashis Basu was present in the virtual meeting of the day with the Chief Minister.

Share post:

Subscribe

Adspot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

CM orders action after 15 girl students fall ill : Warden, caretaker terminated, issued show cause

 BY TC News Desk Agartala, 20th July 2024:  Following an...

Transport Minister demands more flights, trains from Agartala, Dhaka, Chittagong

 BY TC News Desk Agartala, 20th July 2024:   : Transport...

20 School Girls Hospitalized After Consuming Hostel Meal

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 20th June 2024:   In a...

NFR to resume the Garib Rath Express in state from July

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 20th June 2024:         Northeast...