By TC News Desk
Agartala, September 24: A devastating fire broke out at the Teliamura North Market on Sunday, resulting in the destruction of goods worth approximately Rs 50 lakh. The incident was reported to have initiated from the shop of Pradip Saha, a well-established businessman in Teliamura.
The fire, which erupted suddenly around 3:30 in the afternoon on Sunday, is believed to have been triggered by an electrical circuit malfunction. The flames swiftly engulfed the shop, which stored oil, ghee, and dhup, before spreading to neighbouring establishments.
Upon receiving the alarm, two fire engines from Teliamura Fire Brigade promptly arrived at the scene. However, despite their efforts, the fire proved challenging to control. Additional support was sought from Kalyanpur, Khowai, Jirania, and Ambassa, and with the added advantage of rain, the combined efforts of multiple fire brigades succeeded in bringing the blaze under control.
While the exact extent of the damage is yet to be determined, preliminary estimates suggest that goods and property worth approximately Rs 50 lakh have been affected by the fire. The incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of fire safety measures in commercial areas like Teliamura North Market.