25 C
Agartala
Wednesday, May 22, 2024

UP: Four siblings charred to death, parents injured in fire incident

Date:

 Four siblings were charred to death and their parents were injured when a room caught fire after the battery of a mobile phone exploded during charging in Modipuram area of Meerut district here in Uttar Pradesh, police sources said here on Sunday.

Police sources said that Johnny (41), a resident of Sikhera in Muzaffarnagar district, along with his wife Babita (37), daughters Sarika (10), Niharika (8), sons Golu (5) and Kallu (5) lived in a rented house in Janata Colony. “On Saturday night while charging the mobile phone the battery exploded due to a short circuit resulting in fire,” they said.

Police sources said that after hearing the cries of their children Jhonny and Babita rushed to rescue them in which the couple also sustained burn injuries. “The injured were admitted to a nearby hospital where the children succumbed to injuries,” they said.

Superintendent of Police (City) Ayush Vikram Singh said that the couple and children sustained serious burn injuries in the fire caused by the short circuit. “While the children succumbed to injuries, Babita has been admitted to AIIMs in Delhi where her condition is stated to be serious,” he said.

Share post:

Subscribe

Adspot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

CM accuses TMC of misleading public, playing divisive politics

By TC News Desk Agartala, 21st May 2024:  Chief Minister...

Operation launched against sugar hoarding by administrative officials at Belonia

By TC News Desk Agartala, May 21: In a concerted...

Pradesh Congress commemorates 33rd death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 21st May 2024:  In a...