The death toll from the collapse of a 13-storey building in Egypt’s northern coastal city of Alexandria rose to four, the state-run Ahram Online news website reported on Tuesday.
Rescue teams recovered two more bodies on Tuesday after finding two other bodies late on Monday from under the debris of the building that collapsed on Monday, said the report.
Four others injured in the collapse had left hospitals after receiving medical treatment, it added.
The building, which usually houses holidaymakers in summer, had been split vertically, thus triggering the collapse, Mohamed Taher, the governor of Alexandria, told the state-run Nile TV.
The owner and contractor of the collapsed building have been charged with accidental killing and injury, as well as construction without permits, which many believed caused the collapse.