18.9 C
Agartala
Friday, February 20, 2026

US, allies shoot down 18 attack drones, 3 missiles fired by Houthis into Red Sea – CENTCOM

Date:

 The United States and its allies recently shot down a barrage of drones and missiles fired by Houthi rebels in Yemen into the southern Red Sea where commercial vessels were transiting, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) said in a press statement.

“On Jan. 9, at approximately 9:15 p.m. (Sanaa time), Iranian-backed Houthis launched a complex attack of Iranian designed one-way attack UAVs (OWA UAVs), anti-ship cruise missiles, and an anti-ship ballistic missile from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen into the Southern Red Sea, towards international shipping lanes where dozens of merchant vessels were transiting,” CENTCOM said Tuesday night.

According to CENTCOM, 18 attack drones, two anti-ship cruise missiles and one anti-ship ballistic missile were shot down by a combined effort of US F-18 fighter jets from the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower aircraft carrier and warships of the US and the United Kingdom.

There were no injuries or damage reported, CENTCOM added.

To date, the Houthis have carried out 26 attacks on commercial shipping lanes in the Red Sea since November 19, the statement said.

CENTCOM reiterated that the US and its allies warned the Houthis last week that the group’s actions would have consequences if the attacks continued in the region.

Share post:

Subscribe

Adspot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Intas Foundation’s Apna Ghar: A Home of Care During Cancer Treatment

Intas Foundation, Agartala Transit HomeFor Mrs. Arati Das Debnath,...

ECI Directs Tripura to Gear Up for Nationwide Voter List Revision Starting April

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 19th February 2026:  In preparation...

India will become global AI Platform: CM

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 19th February 2026:  Chief Minister...

Workers stage sit-in at Bishalgarh SDFO office, threaten road blockade

BY TC News Desk Agartala, 19th February 2026:    Bishalgarh witnessed...